ALL BOAT MOVERS, LLC… FAQ.S
Q: How far in advance should I schedule my Boat pickup?
A: The more notice we have the better. Our Trucks are picking up and delivering Boats all over the country. With advance notice, we can better schedule your Boats pickup.
Q: Is my boat insured during transport?
A: Yes, each boat is insured up to $250,000.00. No personal items are covered.
Q: How long will it take to pick up and deliver my Boat?
A: A coast to coast trip usually takes from 8 to 21 days. Shorter trips can take from 3 to 10 days, depending on the distance. Traffic, weather, Holidays are other factors that can delay the trip. You will be notified promptly if delays occur.
Q: Can I ship personal items in my Boat?
A: Per federal regulations, you cannot ship any personal items in your Boat. We are not responsible for your personal items or the damage they cause to your Boat nor will they be replaced. Only factory installed items are covered.
Q: If I cannot be reached at delivery time, what will happen to my Boat?
A: We will make every effort to contact you 24 hours ahead of the delivery time. If you are not available for delivery, we will keep your Boat on the truck to deliver at a later date or we will leave it at a local storage facility. In which case, both options will cost you more. Let us know ASAP if you will not be around for delivery.
Q: How can I make payment?
A: Payments/Deposits for transport can be made in advance by using wire transfer, direct deposit or overnight a check. Balance due upon delivery Cash, Cashier’s Check, Money order or Pre-payment
Q: Will you pick up and deliver my Boat door to door?
A: We will make every effort to give you door to door service. But, because of the size of the Trucks we use, we may not be able to get to your door. Also, some towns and cities will not allow a truck this size to travel on their streets due to city codes. If we cannot get to your door, we ask that you help us by meeting our truck at a convenient location such as Marina or offloading facilities close to you.
Q: If I cancel my order, will I receive a refund?
A: If we dispatch or assign your Boat for pick up and you cancel the order, you will pay for fuel and the time our trucks use in heading to your location.
Q: How do I know when to take off work?
A: Please don’t take time off work unless our driver requests. Most times we can arrange pickup with your agent, Marina, or the person you designate
Q: When can you pick up my Boat?
A: We specialize in ASAP (As Soon As Possible) moves. Our driver will be assigned to pick up your Boat in most cases, within a 7 to 10 day window of your requested ship date. In most cases we can arrange pick up on your desired date. For an additional charge, we can arrange a guaranteed pickup within 24 hours. Call to see if service is available in your area.
Q: Do I have to be present when you pick up or deliver my Boat?
A: No, A designated individual must be present at both the pickup and delivery for when the driver arrives to sign off on the condition of the Boat.
Q: Can I leave my Boat someplace?
A: Yes, providing we have a terminal in your area. There is an additional fee for this service.
Q: How do I prepare my Boat?
- Secure or remove any loose parts or specialty items such as
- Repair or seal any tears or open seams on convertible tops to prevent fast-moving air from causing further damage.
- Make sure the radiator has adequate levels of fresh antifreeze.
- Be sure that the battery is secure, has no leaks, and that the fluid levels are low enough to accommodate expansion.
- Leave only about 1/4 tank of gas in the Boat, as a full tank of gasoline adds a lot of costly weight to the transport.
- Deactivate or disconnect anti-theft devices. There can be serious problems and unnecessary expenses if the driver is locked out or if the alarm goes off during the shipping process or the boat transport.
- Make sure that your Boat is clean enough to ensure an accurate pickup inspection.
- Very slightly open one hatch to relieve pressure due to temperature and elevation changes. This will allow for your Boat(s) to breath and protect window(s) from blowing out because of the temperature and pressure changes during transport.
Q: How do I check on the status of my shipment?
A: Call our agent at the number we provide to you once your shipment is processed. We will track your Boat and give you the driver’s mobile # for updates.
Q: How much does it cost to transport a Boat?
A: The cost of transporting a Boat depends on a couple of factors:
- The distance involved (from where to where?).
- What type of Boat you want transported (Boats over 36’ are bigger and heavier, so they cost more to transport).
Q: Can my Boat be picked up before noon on the day I am leaving?
A: We strongly advise against this arrangement, as leaving the Boat pick up until the last minute can cause undue stress at an already stressful time. Careful, advance planning and pick up minimizes stress and provides for a smooth, uneventful relocation. In the event that there are no other options and this is the ONLY time you are available to release the Boat, we will arrange for a local flatbed to pick up the Boat as early in the day as possible.
Q: I want to leave the cover on my Boat during transport, is this ok?
A: It is not recommended. Your Boat will be safely transported without the cover. The cover must be removed prior to transport, as the wind can cause chafing and damage on the Boat’s surface and will also tear the cover. Insurance does not cover the tarp or related damage.